Drenched in a drizzle Relive the monsoons through this painting exhibition on in the city

Drenched in a drizzle
Relive the monsoons through this painting exhibition on in the city

Artist Govind Dumbre has been fascinated with the monsoon since childhood, making this obsession the motivation for painting rainy scenes. His 11th solo show, Monsoon Magic which is currently on display, highlights the rains in distinct forms all over the country. “Just as I am fascinated by the scenic beauty of India, I am also proud of our culture, heritage and rich traditions of monuments. So, my work depicts the marvels of nature at strategic spots, highlighting the details and subtle nuances of monsoon fervour in almost every nook and corner of our country,” Govind says.
A lot of his work shows Mumbai drenched in rain — CST, GPO, Flora Fountain, Elphinstone College at Kala Ghoda and many heritage and monumental buildings — but some works are of nearby spots as well such as the Konkan and Raigarh. “My intention is to illustrate the magic and mesmerising effects of Mumbai monsoons and also the the scenic panoramas around the city that I have often visited. More recently, I have started to actually illustrate religious sanctity of places via the architectural details in locations like Varanasi.” The present series of artworks vividly depicts the Varanasi ghats, boats and canoes in water, religious rituals, while reflecting the
sanctity of peace and tranquility there.
Over the years, Govind has developed his own skill and techniques as well as the visual language of expressionism. “I prefer to use acrylic on canvas, since I am at ease with it and well acquainted with how the visual effects and images show my impressions on this medium,” he says. While he continues to work with monsoon imagery, he does want to try his hand at other themes next time around. “The main motivation for the creation of a painting comes from within and my inner voice guides me to follow a particular line. My creations are a culmination of the direct exposition and illustration of thoughtful innovation and thinking as well as the voice of my inner soul in the relevant perspectives of visual arts,” he concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment