'I believe in making Sundays special!' ...says actor Shahid Kapoor, as he talks about his indulgences on the holiday

'I believe in making Sundays special!'

...says actor Shahid Kapoor, as he talks about his indulgences on the holiday



For actor Shahid Kapoor, Sundays stopped existing soon after he entered the film industry. So when he does get the day off from his hectic shoot schedules, the young star tries to make the most of it. "Working is a seven day affair here and the concept of Sundays usually just doesn't apply in Bollywood, so yes we try and make the most of the Sundays that we do get for ourselves. Not that I don't enjoy the working, but a day's indulgence on a Sunday is always welcome," says Shahid.
"Work outs are something I don't compromise on at all, so apart from that there's nothing regular about my Sundays," he adds. "Listening to music, catching up on movies, playing with my dogs, meeting up friends," is usually that comprise the actor's Sunday schedules, he reveals.
"If I can manage to take a few days break, then I often try and head out with my friends. I love the outdoors, as much I love chilling indoors. So, basically on my Sundays I try to pack in everything that I usually can't indulge in on a regular weekday," he adds. Recalling his Sundays as a child, Shahid says, "As a kid I used to hate Sundays as that meant not being able to meet school buddies, but then it also meant getting the whole day to play and dance and I would love that too."
An avid biker, Shahid is known to be quite passionate about his mean machines. "Yes, I love my bikes and biking, but I don't wait for Sundays to get on them," he points out. "I usually ride out late nights, sometimes as late as two in the morning as the roads have less traffic." So where does he ride out to? "The bike decides the direction really," he laughs. On a serious note he adds, "It could be just about anywhere. There have been times when I have rode to Nariman Point and back, just like that," he adds.
But one thing that the actor hopes to start doing on his Sundays is to take cooking classes. "I want to learn cooking really. I think it'll be fun," he shares.

No comments:

Post a Comment