DADDY COOL Junior B is over the moon upon Beti B's arrival... celebrities share how becoming a father changed their perspective on life

DADDY COOL

Junior B is over the moon upon Beti B's arrival... celebrities share how becoming a father changed their perspective on life



One of the major life changes that most men undergo is post the arrival of children in the family. While becoming parents often involves a shift in orientation on the part of both partners, the experience of being a father is unique in its own way. Actor Abhishek Bachchan, who recently became a daddy to a baby girl, told After Hrs earlier, "I've memorised all the child-care books by now. And I think I'll be quite a hands-on dad for sure. I think we've had a lot of practice with my niece and nephew." He added, "It's hard to explain how I'm feeling right now. I think every parent can relate to it. The feeling is yet to sink in completely, all I know is that it's fantastic."

Says construction magnate Niranjan Hiranandani who's been through the process of being a father and grandfather several times over, "Every day is an experience in the process of becoming a parent. It's an evolution that's bound to happen to most men and brings with it changes in one's perspective towards life. There's more responsibility and more dedication to life and towards the new lives in one's environment. Also, there's the understanding that as the children grow up, they can do much better than you because the world is constantly changing."
Artist Jitish Kallat says that becoming a father changed everything in his life. "Before we had Ahaan, we spent five years as a married couple working the nights and travelling extensively. By the time my son came, we were mentally prepared for a change in lifestyle, which indeed did happen. When my son was born, I felt as if my life had been extended into another body. After that nothing else really seemed as important as his existence for Reena and me." Jitish relates how his son visits his studio often and even after he's left home, the two are constantly in touch on the phone. Artist Jaideep Mehrotra feels that it's fun growing up with his children. "One enjoys them at every stage of one's life. It's just that when they get older it's easier to talk to them." That it's a responsibility, he certainly agrees. "But it is a great experience and bringing them up is like remembering your own childhood all over again," he smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment