When I think of a superstar, it’s Salman Khan’ ...says actor Vivian Dsena, who plays a moody, unpredictable superstar in a show


Did you always want to be an actor?

I never wanted to be an actor. I wanted to make a career in sports particularly football. But destiny had other plans for me. I participated in a model hunt and had casually auditioned for some show which didn’t happen. However, someone saw that audition and I was offered the role of Ram Kapoor’s son Vicky Walia in Kasam Seh. So I am an Ekta Kapoor (producer) discovery.




Your last serial was based on the Twilight series. How was it playing such an unusual role?

It was fantastic to play a vampire and I was the most loved vampire ever. I had to do a short workshop before the shoot. Since it was an unusual role, the recall value is high. I met my fiancée Vahbbiz Dorabajee, while acting in this show.



In Madhubala you play a superstar. From whom have you taken reference to essay the character?

Whenever I think of a superstar, it is Salman Khan. But I am not aping him, I am following the brief given by my producer and director. My character is unpredictable with a lot of shades to his personality.

First a vampire, now a superstar...

It’s not just a makeover, but a big responsibility. In the TV industry you are typecast for the roles you play and I think I am fortunate that I got an opportunity to crack my image of a vampire. I am pretty lucky to get two shows back-to-back, that also of completely different genres. I was the first on-screen vampire and I am the first on-screen superstar!




How did you prepare for this role?

There were a lot of workshops, we had meetings with the director, we had creative meetings and I also prepared myself for this role. Nowadays when people think of a superstar, the first thing they think about is a good physique. So I have toned my body a little as I had put on weight during Pyaar Ki Ek Kahani. I am a bad eater. I lost 14 kgs to get into the character. I had a goal and went about following it, I had to lose no less than 13 kgs to fit into the role. So, besides the regular exercises, I had to consume loads of green tea. I used to take no less than 12 cups of green tea every day. The antioxidants in the tea helped me lose weight.




Many TV actors are doing films these days...

I am already playing superstar RK on television (laughs). But yes, I am open to doing a film but it has to be a really good script and banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment