Finger tattoos

Finger tattoos get popular with city youngsters


Bollywood's new blue-eyed girl Jacqueline Fernandez recently got a tattoo done on her finger, which reads `love', while Celina Jaitely chose this place to get her better half 's name -Peter -inked.Maanayata Dutt, too, sports a finger tattoo with her hubby Sanjay's name. Hollywood celeb Lindsay Lohan also grabbed eyeballs with a `Shhh...' tattoo on her index finger. However, this fad of finger tattoos is not just confined to celebrities. In fact, youngsters are also getting hooked to this new trend.

SHORT AND SWEET
Not everyone prefers those big tattoos or getting inked on a body part, which even you can't view easily . Youngsters prefer fingers for inking small and simple tattoos that can be hidden or flaunted as per their choice. Digvijay Yenurkar, an M Tech student, says, “Just a few days ago, I got a tattoo with my parents' names on my finger as their wedding anniversary is around the corner. When I go to college, I wear a ring over it as I feel this is something very personal and I don't want to unnecessarily flaunt it everywhere.“


LOTS IN A NAME
Finger tattoos can be an alternative to engagement rings, too.The trend of adorning the ring finger with a tattoo of a partner's name is also very common among city couples. Indrajeet Kalmegh, a businessman, says, “I feel rings can be changed, feelings can't. I generally avoid wearing rings. So, as an alternative to my engagement ring, I got my ring finger inked with my wife's name (Ashwini).Reciprocating this love in a similar way , she, too, will be getting a tattoo with my name soon.“
Amar Mulge, a tattoo artist, says, “Mostly, unmarried or just-married couples, between the age group of 20 and 25, come to me to tattoo their fingers. While a majority of them prefer inking the names of their respective partners, a few have even inked their wedding date.“

CREATIVE CHALLENGE
“It's a very challenging task to create a tattoo over such a small area. And because fingers have a thin layer of skin, getting tattooed there is a painful process as well. When a customer inks his her name, it's easier. But I need to pay extra attention when someone's opting for designs like a tiger or a phoenix,“ says tattoo artist Dr Jitendra Bharadwaj.
“When it comes to tattooing a finger, I use fine needles of one or three round liner size. Strokes of the tattoo machine are short and the frequency is always kept low,“ he adds.





No comments:

Post a Comment