On a festive high...

On a festive high...


 
It's a sheer vision to see how the-girl next-door transforms herself lucidly into this glamorous diva, exuding an unmistakable air of confidence and sophistication, as she steps in front of the camera. As we see her transcend into the myriad moods and characters while shooting, there's just one thought that comes to my mind--how does she blend in simplicity with indulgent style and perfection?
However, there are two sides to Esha.The one in the public eye--as she comes out of a five hour photoshoot still looking like a diva--ultra-sexy and talented. While the other, who gets back into her distressed boyfriend jeans, tank top, flip flops and a Michael Kors sling bag, going back to the typical girl-next-door. You can't miss her bubbling energy as the rendezvous continues and her positive aura engulfs the room. What strikes you in spurts about her is how she evokes a mix of a young Parveen Babi and Sophia Loren and not just another item girl. Esha, who's a vegetarian, loves her water and fruit, which she consumes after every shot during the shoot. As we speak, it's hard not to notice that she's always aware of her surroundings, even catching the chaiwalla trying to sneak in a picture of her from his phone. Her power pout and blemishfree, honey-toned skin, illuminated by the soft lights, at the studio is what prompts me to ask about her skincare regime.“I am blessed because of my mother; she has good hair and skin despite undergoing medication. I got blessed with great genes, but apart from that, it's all the water I drink. My friends call me tanki when it comes to my water intake; they often ask me, registaan se aayi hai kya?“ I ask her about the one thing she's learnt in the movie business over the years and she corrects me, “It has only been two years, so I am still learning.“Esha has been modelling since 2007 and is an ex-Femina Miss India [2007]. She lets us in on working in Bollywood: “I have learnt to keep my head down and keep working. You either have someone who is looking out for you or you don't. If there is no one looking out for you, then the best thing is to do as you like. I had no one and I did it on my own. It's best to keep going rather than wishing for a Godfather.“
As she innately takes to fashion and style, her fashion experiments have time and again revealed her modern and versatile sensibilities. No surprise that she has now been roped in as the brand ambassador of Splash, (a Middle-Eastern fashion retailer with 11 outlets in India), and has designers chomping at the bit to dress her, even the magazines can't get enough of this Indian Angelina Jolie.
While on the topic of fashion, Esha expresses how happy she is with the current level of India's fashion industry.“It's progressing at a very fast pace... but I just wish that people continue progressing and keep it minimalistic instead of going OTT.“ She's also very proud of the way traditional Indian clothing like saris, bandhgalas and dhotis have inspired international designers. On whether she'd like to be someone's muse, she promptly responds, “I would love to be Sabyasachi's muse. Though my style is suited for a Manish Arora or Falguni and Shane Peacock, being his muse would be a dream-come-true.“ The mere mention of Bollywood and Esha promptly reflects on her film career, “Raaz was actually my favourite and has had more impact on my career. Vikram [Bhatt] really worked hard on me, he is one of the best directors I have worked with. But the one that means the most to me is Jannat because that was my first film and will always remain close to my heart... I remember more about my first flim than the latest one--Humshakals--as everything was new and memorable.“
Speaking about her contemporaries, she admits, “I love Ranveer Singh and Ranbir Kapoor. Shahid Kapoor in Haider is fabulous.“ Esha shows her dedication to her career by living a balanced life and preferring to go to bed on time, rather than having a late night-out with friends.It's hard to ignore her toned body and I quiz her about her fitness regime. “I've gone back to dancing, yoga and heavyweight training. I am not on a diet at the moment. But when I am dieting, I follow up with something healthy every two hours. I am lactose intolerant, so I avoid dairy and consume more of greens, being a vegetarian.“
With the festive months around the corner, Esha likes spending time with her family especially during Diwali, only if her work allows that kind of leisure. Festive style is all about comfort dressing for her, “A nice, light Indian suit or sari works wonders,“ she mentions.
With one eye on her immediate future and the other on her long-term wishes, she says, “I am excited about my next film which we cannot discuss right now.“ And then adds, “getting married and having babies... I don't know,“ she laughs off.




No comments:

Post a Comment