Last year designers refused to dress him up for Cannes. This year Nawazuddin turned showstopper!

Last year designers refused to dress him up for Cannes. This year Nawazuddin turned showstopper!

    Last year, when Nawazuddin Siddiqui headed to Cannes with his film Gangs Of Wasseypur, he had to wear a suit stitched by a local tailor for his red carpet appearance as many designers had refused to create clothes for him. Today, it’s a different story. The actor debuted as a showstopper for menswear designer Troy Costa at the Lakme Fashion Week over the weekend. “I’ve never even seen a fashion show in my life, which is why I was extremely nervous. But when I looked into the mirror before the show, I realised I was looking nice and the nervousness abated.” Nawaz travelled for 18 hours from his village in Uttarakhand for the show, where he has been for the past month and a half helping in rehabilitation work for the victims of the natural calamity that took place there a few months ago.

Nawazuddin on the ramp

No comments:

Post a Comment